In this module, you will learn how to use Google Maps API's to do things like:
- Embedding a map on your website.
- Customise maps using features like markers, info-windows showing information about specific locations, animations.
- Get directions between two locations.
- Calculate the driving distance & time between two cities.
- Format an address.
- Get the postcode of a certain address.
- Search nearby locations (ex: hotels, restaurants, etc).
- Autocomplete location inputs.
We hope to see you in the course.
Development Island is a UK based innovative company specialised in providing the best technology courses on the internet. We are proud to be teaching ~100000 students from 173+ countries. We believe our courses are the best in the market for two reasons:
- We use a practical approach that we developed over years of experience: Learning by doing.
- We make your learning experience enjoyable and fun.
StartIntroduction & Embed Google Map to your Website (19:40)
StartGoogle Maps API's Chapter: Roadmap and Full Source Code
StartMarkers and Infowindows (14:13)
StartShow, Hide or Delete Markers (15:42)
StartAnimated drop of Markers (8:20)
StartDirection Service - Activity: Driving distance & time between New York & Toronto (19:01)
StartGeocoding using the geocoding API (1) - Activity: format Address & get postcode. (12:55)
StartGeocoding using the geocoding API (2) - Activity: format Address & get postcode. (18:14)
StartNearby Search (16:53)